Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cupcake Party for a Princess

Yesterday was my lil girls 1st birthday party. I have to say after all my craziness and stressing it all came together quite well. I had been sick all week and worked about 45 hours, left me really no time to prep everything for the party before. And when yesterday came I was about as stressed as they get early in the week I found out my mom wasn't going to be flying in so I was a bit sad by that cause it was my babies first birthday. So yesterday morning when I had to get everything ready it was just me and Oma prepping food for 40 people and decorating the house with 2 lil ones constantly needing my attention for one reason or another. Your probably thinking where is my husband well his boss didn't give him the day off so he had to work that night and had to get a few hours of sleep before the party started. So needless to say I was on my own. But once 2pm hit I pretty much had everything in order and ready to go. The house might have not been as sparkling clean as I wanted it but heck who cares it was going to get messed up anyways.

So my Oma made Satay which is pork meat satay in a sauce on a sticks. Which I have to say taste incredible and did those puppies go fast. They were gone as fast as we got them off the BBQ. We also had pasta and manicotti which was a hit as well. Then for dessert we had Sprinkles cupcakes and a strawberry shortcake from cake and art. And one seconds those cupcakes were there and the next they were gone. My lil Ashlyn loved all of the attention she got from everyone and by the end of the night we opened all of her gifts and she was a spoiled lil girl. She got a lot of toys which she really needed since she had a lot of hand me downs from Aidan which he always stole from her stating they were his. Such a lil brat he is. So here are some pics from yesterday I hope you enjoy. And to all of you that came I love you all and thank you for celebrating my daughters 1st birthday with us.

















1 comment:

  1. Sorry to have missed the party. Scott and Faith have been passing flu's and cold's back and forth. For a matter of fact, Scott still has his cold that he just can't seem to kick. Glad you all had fun and everything worked out as far as getting everything ready before hand. To be honest, I dought anyone even noticed your house NOT being spick and span. But, like you said already....Who cares! I am sure their own house isn't dust free. That's just life. Anyway.....

    Happy Birthday Ashlyn!

    ReplyDelete