Friday, January 23, 2009

Finally a small light at the end of a dark tunnel.

Well this past week has been a crazy one. I have been looking for a full time job for a little while now cause my current part time job just isn't making ends meet. So Ive been going on to Career builder and Monster almost every week and have been applying to anything and everything that I believe I'm qualified for. On Wednesday I got a job offer from First American Title in Santa Ana paying a nice amount of money. But after long discussion with the hubby we thought it would not be good for our family, since I would be gone almost 12 hours a day adding in traffic. Then yesterday I was told of another job opportunity with the census but it was only part time so that wasn't going to do. Then out of the blue yesterday my boss at Verizon called me and asked if I wanted a full time position there along with a 3.00 raise. Hallelujah heck yes I do. Man, God must of been hearing my prayers loud and clear. Even though Verizon isn't like working at my old company where I made many friends that are like family to me, I am starting to think of this place like home. I work with a lot of women but they are all really great and hysterical at times. So I'm hoping things keep going the way they are because we've had a rough few years and need a little breather.

1 comment:

  1. It's funny to know that you work for verizon because I was raised in a verizon family. Both my parents and my brother work for verizon, and I was a contractor for a year at one time. One thing is for sure, when I was contracting I was making some GOOD money! Anyway, I am so glad to hear that things are working out for you and your family finally.

    ReplyDelete